The Small Business Advocacy Council and a robust coalition of chambers and local groups are engaged in a grassroots campaign to lower the excessive LLC fees in Illinois. Our efforts have made a real impact and the coalition-backed bill, SB 867, passed the Illinois House with unanimous support on May 31st. The next step is for the sponsor of the measure, State Senator Tom Cullerton (D-Villa Park), to bring it up for a vote in the Senate during the fall veto session. After years of work, these much needed changes are closer than ever to becoming a reality!
THE FACTS – Lowering LLC Fees Will:
- Improve the perception of the business climate in our state to help Illinois compete for the best and brightest talent, resources and opportunities for growth.
- Encourage new businesses to form, which will revitalize city neighborhoods and suburban communities.
- Help level the playing field for small businesses by matching LLC rates to those corporations currently pay.
- Prove that politicians in Springfield can get past the partisan gridlock and come together to take real action in support of the small business community.
TAKE ACTION –
- Contact State Senator Tom Cullerton today!
- Forward this email to your network and spread the word about the campaign!
- Stay tuned for news on opportunities later this month to participate in additional grassroots activities – connecting directly with small business owners in Senator Cullerton’s District.
You can also visit our website to learn more about the issue and our coalition or contact the SBAC Director of Communications and Public Affairs, Kimberly Brisky, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much for all that you do!
CEO & Co-Founder
Office: (312) 548-8608